Saturday, January 19, 2013

More News and an Update...YAY



Okay, so I just posted my first article on the new site. It's about buying your first tablet. Hopefully, Tablet shoppers out there might find it helpful. If I didn't answer your questions, then at least I may have found a new name for the problem. LOL. So please check it out!

As soon as I finish posting the article, which has a section covering budget model Tablets,  I come across news that Archos will be releasing a new 8 inch model and they're aiming for a $169 price tag. The new tablet will be dubbed the Archos series 80 Titanium. while it's most likely an update of the Archos 80 Cobalt it does have a features list that should get some attention. Check it out, a Dual core 1.6 Ghz processor, Front and Rear cameras (lower resolution cameras mind you but hey, my last Archos didn't have a camera at all), Quad core graphics chip, and 1,024x768 screen that's on par with the iPad Mini for less then half the price! This should be one to watch folks. I have a 2 year old Archos 5 internet tablet and even though it may not be state of the art anymore, it still runs pretty good. LOL

And while I'm on the subject of Archos and since my last post (sorry it took so long) was about mobile gaming I just happened on this little beauty on Archo's site. They call it the GamePad and what it is is simple but brilliant! A 7 inch tablet with a heavy duty graphics processor and physical control buttons (plus two analog control sticks) made just for gaming, but it still has full tablet functionality! Plus Archos has built in software to map the controls to older existing games that were never intended to use physical controls, now that's awesome. No word on price yet but if it's around $200 to $250, they may have a sleeper hit! For more info on the GamePad and other Archos Tablets and products click here

No comments:

Post a Comment